ANZAC (Australian and New Zealand Army Corps) biscuits
- 85g porridge oats
- 85g desiccated coconut (I dont use the coconut!)
- 100g plain flour
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g butter , plus extra butter for greasing
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- (for half dipping in chocolate have roughly 100g of whatever kind of chocolate you wish to use, although it depends on the size of your biscuits too – I just go by eye!)
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Put the oats, coconut, flour and sugar in a bowl. Melt the butter in a small pan and stir in the golden syrup. Add the bicarbonate of soda to 2 tbsp boiling water, then stir into the golden syrup and butter mixture.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour in the butter and golden syrup mixture. Stir gently to incorporate the dry ingredients.
- Put dessertspoonfuls of the mixture on to buttered baking sheets, about 2.5cm/1in apart to allow room for spreading. Bake in batches for 8-10 mins until golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. This recipe makes 20, but you can really make them as big or small as you like!
My own addition to this recipe is to wait until the biscuits are cooled and then half dip them into milk, dark or white chocolate, or be really wild and make batches of all three!! Something for everybody :-)
Credit to Good Food.